Monday, March 4, 2013

Historic Old Town Snow!

Below is the reason I was unable to post for the blog last week.  While visiting relatives out of town a blizzard came along and dumped over 9" of snow, leaving me stranded an extra day.  After the storm cleared I tried to head home once again but my vehicle broke down and it was towed to the  shop.  Hence..... I had a great time visiting and touring all of the old town historic district in Longmont, Colorado.  I saw a few wonderfully restored and beautiful old homes as well as some unusual lighting fixtures and stained glass that caught my eye.

Photographer:  Photo Amature


Pink Snow Castle

 Ice Cycles and Chimneys

 
Note Chimney, and
shadow of small hole in corner trim

Once a Stately Home,
Now a Cool Bed and Breakfast!

I love this doorway

Best of the Pick,
Covered Drive and
Old Fashioned Street Light


Complete Wrap Around Covered Porch


Cozy and Homey,
As Well as a Stately Old Home!

Small Town Jewlry Store


Colorful Light Fixture
In Old Italian Resturant

Unique Chandalier
Made with Silver Forks and Spoons

Tongs of Forks Curled Upwards

This Would Make a Wonderful Wind Chime

Antique Windows Replaced with Stained Glass

These are Hanging in the Window
 of an Enclosed Front Porch in an
Old Historic Home
 
A Very Old Cardboard Gift Box
Covered with Antique Christmas Wrap
and used for Keepsakes and Old Photos
(My Favorite find)
 
I enjoyed my tour around town and through history. 
 
Please join our blog and enter some of your favorite sightseeing or historic tours you've been on.  The fun in photography is that we can share our cool finds with others. 
 
Contact me soon as I am looking for more contributors for this blog created specifically for you as an amateur photographer and for anyone who enjoys viewing them with us.
 

1 comment:

Amber said...

Fork Chandalier? I like it!
I think it would make a great wind chime too!

The stained glass is very pretty!